Our Blessed Mother Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary. See PROMISES OF THE ROSARY.
Grant us, we beseech Thee, O Lord, to be fittingly prepared for the offering of these gifts, and through the Mysteries of the most Holy Rosary, so to meditate upon the life, Passion and glory of Thine only-begotten Son, that we may be made worthy of His promises. Who liveth and reigneth with God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, one God, world without end. Amen.
Secret for today's Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
The DAILY CATHOLIC is in dire financial straits. We desperately need monthly pledges to keep the lifeline of this ministry going. Please, please click on the help button to the right and give what you can.
FEATURED IN TODAY'S ISSUE:
In honor of today's feast of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, editor Michael Cain reminds us of the power, potential and power of this sacramental every Catholic was weaned on. The problem he points out is that they have gone unused or little used for so long that many may have a difficult time believing all that is promised. With all the malaise that the world, the flesh and the devil bring, there is great hope and consolation in those beads which, if we don't use the Rosary on a regular basis - daily is encouraged - then we risk the loss of it and all that is precious to our Faith. So much has already been lost, can we afford to lose more? He explains in his commentary, Lock and Load Your Rosaries and Let's Roll!.
On the BattleLine
Atila Sinke Guimar„es, a foremost authority on the causes and effects of Vatican II, sighs at the political correctness of the times in which Catholic principles are sacrificed in favor of global humanism and ecology as the evolvement of the One World Order becomes closer to reality. Atila illustrates three examples of this in his column The Polemics of Politics and Pantheism.
"Qui legit, intelligat"
Today we bring you the Sunday Sermon Father Louis Campbell delivered to his flock yesterday for the 20th Sunday After Pentecost. Father Louis focuses on St. Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians from yesterday's Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. He stresses that to be filled with the Holy Ghost, we must make time to hide in God, that is find refuge in Him through quiet prayer and spiritual reading wherein, by hiding in Him and with Him, we take the silent time to seek and grow in our Faith and better understand, in the interior of our heart what is truly God's will for us. This Father points out in his homily "You are my hiding place, O God"
Liturgy of the Saints
Today is the Double of Second Class Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, as well as the Confessor Pope Saint Mark, 34th Successor of Peter, plus the marytrs Saint Sergius and Companions. The entire focus is on the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary in this month dedicated to her in which we also have the Maternity of Our Lady this Friday and next Sunday, the 21st After Pentecost is the 85th Anniversary of the final apparition at Fatima when God caused the sun to dance to confirm it was His Holy Mother who had appeared to the three children at the Cova. Today marks the 431st anniversary of the glorious victory at Lepanto when, through the miraculous intercession of the Rosary, the Christian fleet carrying the banner of the Cross sunk the Turkish Armada in the Ionean Sea southwest of Greece, thus saving Christendom from the curse of Mohammed. To mark the occasion, Pope Saint Pius V made it a universal feast. For profiles on today's feast and a preview of tomorrow's feast of Saint Bridget of Sweden, see Our Lady of the Rosary.
The Rosary of Mary: our most powerful weapon. October is Our Lady's month, the month of the Holy Rosary. It is also the month we remember her victory for all of Christendom at Lepanto and the 85th Anniversary of the final apparition at Fatima, the day the sun danced. Truly October is Our Lady's time, the month of the Holy Rosary. Pray for the unborn and that abortion will not be compromised by the political expediency of the times where misguided prelates mistakenly join the Death Penalty with the Abortion issue. The Catholic Church condemns abortion, not capital punishment. Pray that the flocks will not be further deceived. Click on the Rosary button to recite the full Rosary in either English or Latin.
Fifteen Promises of Mary to those who recite her Holy Rosary
Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive single graces.
To print out the above list and share with others, see PROMISES OF THE ROSARY
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.