MILLENNIUM MILESTONES-SHIPLOGS-COMING EVENTS
SACRED & IMMACULATE HEARTS WEEKEND ISSUE
June 30 - July 2, 2000,
vol. 11, no. 115
Events that happened during this Weekend in Church History
On Friday observe the two-year anniversary of Pope John Paul II's papal bull Ad tuendam fidem. The purpose was to curtail dissident theologians who have been running amok for years teaching a doctrine that is anathema to the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. With this papal bull, the Holy See finally had teeth to enforce assurance that these men and women entrusted with forming Catholic leaders of tomorrow would toe the line and not waiver from the true faith. Though some of the die-hard liberal theologians are still trying to fight the Holy See, they should be weeded out within the next decade or so. With the establishment of Thomas Monaghan's Ave Maria School of Law and the compliance by many Catholic Universities, the pendulum is swinging back and within the near future students can be assured they will receive solid doctrine. For other time capsule events that happened during this two-day time period in Church history, see MILLENNIUM MILESTONES AND MEMORIES
For more details, see DAILY SHIPLOGS
For our Foreign editions, we still need translators!!!
We have had a few translators who have volunteered their help, but our goal is to secure at least two translators for each language in order not to put a burden on one person but spread the workload out. We still need volunteer translators for Italian, Portuguese, German and Spanish as well as more help for Russian and French. Once we have translators in place in order to polish the text to offer the DAILY CATHOLIC in these languages as it should be represented, we will launch, at first, a weekly edition in each of those languages which will be called the "Best of the DAILY CATHOLIC" for the past week. It will include the top news stories, features and timely columns along with the liturgy, devotions, and Church history timetable for the coming week.
If the Holy Spirit is prompting you, please please pray on it and then please e-mail the editor
- Total number of visits as of June 29, 2000:
- Total number of visits in 1999:
- Total number of visits since this daily publication went on line November 1, 1997:
- Another pertinent editorial in CATHOLIC PewPOINT
- Pat Ludwa's introspective and thought-provoking column VIEW FROM THE PEW
- The 179th installment on the treasures of the great Deposit of Faith in our daily series APPRECIATING THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF OUR FAITH
- Time Capsules in Church History focusing on July 3rd, 4th and 5th.
- Another gem from SIMPLY SHEEN
- DAILY LITURGY for Monday's Feast of SAINT THOMAS, the Doubting Apostle, followed by Tuesday in Ordinary Time and the Feast of Saint Elizabeth of Portugal. Also on Tuesday we ceseprate a special Mass commemorating the U.S. Independence from Britain. Wednesday is both Ordinary Time and the Feast of Saint Anthony Zaccaria.
- ...and much more in our 116th issue for 2000!
Be an angel!
Through the stewardship of Catholic Journalism you can help us reach more souls by sending whatever you can to help keep the DailyCATHOLIC going strong since it is the only daily publication of its kind for Catholics anywhere in the world in daily promoting the truths of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Please read our editorial today and call 800-I-DO-PRAY or e-mail us and let us know that Yes, I want to help or use the gift form if you prefer. Whichever way, we desperately need your financial help.