MILLENNIUM MILESTONES-SHIPLOGS-COMING EVENTS
June 12-13, 2000
vol. 11, no. 120
Events that happened today in Church History
Wednesday is the anniversary of the election of two Popes, first Pope Saint Felix IV in 526. He was the 54th in the line of Peter and actually elevated through the machinations of Theodoric, the conniving King of the Goths. But the king did not count on Felix being more faithful to a higher King and for his fidelity to God the Pope was exiled. It is the 847th anniversary of the election of the 168th successor of Peter Pope Anastasius IV in 1153. This Roman-born pontiff died a year iand a half later on November 1, 1159. He was known as the gentle peacemaker and would have accomplished much more except his pontificate lasted only one and a half years. For more events that happened during this time in Church History, see
MILLENNIUM MILESTONES AND MEMORIES
For more details, see DAILY SHIPLOGS
For our Foreign editions, we still need translators!!!
We have had a few translators who have volunteered their help, and are pretty well set to launch a Spanish edition in August. However we need others to come forward for Italian, Portuguese, French, German and Russian so we wll have at least two translators for each language in order not to put a burden on one person but spread the workload out. Once we have translators in place in order to polish the text to offer the DAILY CATHOLIC in these languages as it should be represented, we will launch, at first, a weekly edition in each of those languages which will be called the "Best of the DAILY CATHOLIC" for the past week. It will include the top news stories, features and timely columns along with the liturgy, devotions, and Church history timetable for the coming week. We are presently planning to debut Diario Cattolico on the Vigil of the Solemnity of the Assumption.
If the Holy Spirit is prompting you, please please pray on it and then please e-mail the editor
- Total number of visits as of July 10, 2000:
- Total number of visits in 1999:
- Total number of visits since this daily publication went on line November 1, 1997:
Coming This Weekend:
- The Holy Father's most recent Wednesday Papal Audience Address in THE VICAR OF CHRIST SPEAKS
- Sister Mary Lucy Astuto's heart-felt column GETTING TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER
- The 184th installment on the treasures of the great Deposit of Faith in our daily series APPRECIATING THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF OUR FAITH
- Time Capsules in Church History focusing on July 14th through 16th.
- Another gem from SIMPLY SHEEN
- DAILY LITURGY for the Feast of Blessed Kateri Tekawitha on Friday and the Feast of Saint Bonaventure, Bishop and Doctor of the Church on Saturday plus the FIFTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME.
- ...and much more in our 121st issue for 2000!
Be an angel!
Through the stewardship of Catholic Journalism you can help us reach more souls by sending whatever you can to help keep the DailyCATHOLIC going strong since it is the only daily publication of its kind for Catholics anywhere in the world in daily promoting the truths of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Please read our editorial today and call 800-I-DO-PRAY or e-mail us and let us know that Yes, I want to help or use the gift form if you prefer. Whichever way, we desperately need your financial help.