MILLENNIUM MILESTONES-SHIPLOGS-COMING EVENTS
August 2-3, 2000,
vol. 11, no. 129
Events that happened during this period in Church History
Thursday is the 58th anniversary of the death of Saint Edith Stein, the Jewish woman who became a Catholic in pre-World War II Germany and then a nun, taking the religious name Sister Theresa Benedicta of the Cross. How fitting that name for the cross she carried was great. Converting her own family, she accompanied her sister under arrest by the Nazis to Auschwitz where they, along with millions of others - both Jew and Catholic - were put to death in the horrific chambers of this and many other deathcamps. It was called the great holocaust. As bad as that was, killing 9 million, it truly pales in comparison number-wise and length-span-wise to the Holocaust of the Innocent Unborns that is reaching the 50 million mark since 1973 when America was "Hitlerized" by the abomination of the Supreme Court decision that literally turned its back on God and the Sanctity of Life. For other time capsule events that happened this weekend in Church history, see MILLENNIUM MILESTONES AND MEMORIES
For more details, see DAILY SHIPLOGS
- Total number of visits for the Jubilee Year up to August 1, 2000:
- Total number of visits in 1999:
- Total number of visits since this daily publication went on line November 1, 1997:
Coming in the special vacation TRANSFIGURATION-ASSUMPTION issue:
- Another pertinent editorial in CATHOLIC PewPOINT
- Pat Ludwa's introspective and thought-provoking column VIEW FROM THE PEW
- Dr. Frank Joseph's eye-opening Pro-Life Prescriptions column LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!
- Sister Mary Lucy Astuto's heart-felt column GETTING TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER
- The 193rd installment on the treasures of the great Deposit of Faith in our daily series APPRECIATING THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF OUR FAITH
- Time Capsules in Church History focusing on August 4th through August 15th.
- Another gem from SIMPLY SHEEN
- DAILY LITURGY for the liturgical time between the Feast of Saint John Marie Vianney, Cure d'Ars and the Weekend of the TRANSFIGURATION OF THE LORD to the Solemnity of the ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY into Heaven.
- ...and much more in our 130th issue for 2000!
Be an angel!
Through the stewardship of Catholic Journalism you can help us reach more souls by sending whatever you can to help keep the DailyCATHOLIC going strong since it is the only daily publication of its kind for Catholics anywhere in the world in daily promoting the truths of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Please read our editorial today and call 800-I-DO-PRAY or e-mail us and let us know that Yes, I want to help or use the gift form if you prefer. Whichever way, we desperately need your financial help.