e want to share some excellent explanations of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass that we are confident will be an excellent tool to share with your Novus Ordo
friends and non-Catholics to truly understand why Catholics so cherish the True Presence of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament and the reasons why the Traditional Latin Mass is the most beautiful thing this side of Heaven, and why we believe in the Transubstantiation and the Propitiatory nature of the Holy Sacrifice to sustain us.
We present three videos that clearly delineate the differences are so stark that we would hope those still following the church of Vatican Two will realize what they thought was Catholic is definitely not and we entreat them to seek out a true Mass. For locations, see Traditional Mass Sites
To see close-ups of the priest's actions at the Altar from the Offertory to the end of the Mass, to even better comprehend the sacredness of the Holy Sacrifice, see below
Consider the tremendous value of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass:
- One Holy Mass heard during your life will be of more benefit to you than many heard for you after your death.
- At the hour of death the Holy Masses you have heard devoutly will be yuor greatest consolation.
- God forgives you all your venial sins which you sincerely determined to avoid.
- God forgives all unknown sins which you have never confessed.
- The power of the devil over you is diminished.
- Every Holy Mass will go with you to Judgment and will plead for pardon for you.
- By every Holy Mass you can diminish the temporal punishment due to your sins, more or less, according to your fervor.
- By every Holy Mass you assist at devoutly your time in Purgatory is shortened.
- By devoutly assisting at Holy Mass you render the greatest homage possible to the Sacred Humanity of Our Lord.
- Through the Holy Sacrifice, Our Lord Jesus Christ supplies for many of your negligences and omissions.
- By piously hearing Holy Mass you afford the Souls in Purgatory (the Church Suffering) the greatest possible relief.
- Through Holy Mass you are preserved from many dangers and misfortunes which would otherwise have befallen you.
- During Holy Mass you kneel amid a multitude of holy Angels, who are present at the Adorable Sacrifice with reverential awe.
- Through Holy Mass you are blessed in your temporal goods and affairs.
- When you hear Holy Mass devoutly, offering it to Almighty God in honor of any particular Saint or Angel, thanking God for the favors bestowed on him or her, you afford that Saint or Angel a new degree of honor, joy and happiness, and draw his special love and protection on yourself.
- Every time you assist at Holy Mass, besides other intentions, you should offer it in honor of the Saint of the Day in remembering the Church Triumphant.
For the Missal of the Ordinary of the Holy Sacrifice from Preparation through the Canon of the Mass to the Last Gospel, click below and click HERE for the Proper of each day's Mass.