MILLENNIUM MILESTONES-SHIPLOGS-COMING EVENTS
June 12-13, 2000,
vol. 11, no. 107
Events that happened during these two days in Church History
On Tuesday two hundred and two years ago, after Padre Junipero Serra had selected the site, a magnificent mission was built and christened Mission San Luis Rey near the shores of the Pacific in a fertile valley on the San Luis Rey River to service and convert the Indians native to this area which is now the northern part of San Diego. The Mission San Diego de Alcala would be the first Mission of California and Mission San Luis Rey would be the largest and, named after Saint Louis the king of France, the mission has since been called the "king of the Missions." Two years ago during the centennial celebration at Mission San Luis Rey, the Vatican Choir made their first appearance ever outside of Europe, providing quite an honor to the Franciscans, who, to this day, still maintain the mission as an active, thriving parish and a popular tourist attraction. For other time capsule events that happened this weekend in Church history, see MILLENNIUM MILESTONES AND MEMORIES
For more details, see DAILY SHIPLOGS
- Total number of visits as of June 11, 2000:
- Total number of visits in 1999:
- Total number of visits since this daily publication went on line November 1, 1997:
- The Holy Father's most recent Address in THE VICAR OF CHRIST SPEAKS
- Pro-Life Prescriptions by Dr. Frank Joseph in LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!
- The 170th installment on the treasures of the great Deposit of Faith in our daily series APPRECIATING THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF OUR FAITH
- Time Capsules in Church History focusing on June 14th and June 15th.
- Another gem from SIMPLY SHEEN
- DAILY LITURGY for Weekday in Ordinary Time on Wednesday and Thursday.
- ...and much more in our 108th issue for 2000!
Be an angel!
Through the stewardship of Catholic Journalism you can help us reach more souls by sending whatever you can to help keep the DailyCATHOLIC going strong since it is the only daily publication of its kind for Catholics anywhere in the world in daily promoting the truths of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Please read our editorial today and call 800-I-DO-PRAY or e-mail us and let us know that Yes, I want to help or use the gift form if you prefer. Whichever way, we desperately need your financial help.