- Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis layman turns to another layman for communicating with the devil - erh, ah Exorcism - which is impossible for a layman to do, especially when he's a Lutheran. What part of Outside the Church there is no salvation doesn't the Argentinian Apostate-tending-toward-Antichrist not get? NovusOrdoWatch reveals how wacky the CONciLIAR cabal has gone in letting the devil have his day. Why not? Considering there are no true Exorcists left, save for a few who see the real danger inherent in wholesale exorcisms, it's Beelzebub bar the door UnFrancis' Favorite Exorcist is a Lutheran!
- On one thing we're in agreement with Bergoglio. He doesn't want to be called "pope" and we're fine with that because he's not! He's merely "Francesco, 'Bishop' of Rome. Pardon us, make that unFrancesco. As Traditio writes Who's on First?
- In light of blatant blasphemy by Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis that all are saved regardless of creed as long as they "do good" in a "culture of encounter" (whatever the heck such gobbledygook like that means), Dr. Thomas A. Droleskey exposes the heretic for what he is - definitely NOT a true pope. This latest heresy by the apostate Argentinian layman posing as a pope, oops, 'Bishop' of Rome, has gotten a lot of play in the secular press and must be addressed and who better than one of the most prolific Catholic writers today to set the record straight in Francis Do-Right
- Maybe the reason Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis won't wear red is because he is a Red! For the man who proffers that he is so full of charity, he forgets the symbolism for a pope wearing red. Of course, he's not the pope so why would he know anyway?! Dr. Marian Therese Horvat refutes the excuses why he didn't wear the scarlet mozzetta and eschews other papal traditions as she explains The Symbolism of the Papal Red & White
- Memo to all who LIE: Everything is relevant to God and He remembers everything. That is a message Dr. Droleskey imparts in his piece "Irrelevant" Now Perhaps, Not At The Particular Judgment
- Chicago has become the cesspool not just for its political thuggery, but also the CONciLIAR cabal who keep protecting the pedophile presbyters of the Bogus Ordo. Cost of the cover-up? 30 million and counting. Traditio points out St. Augustine's words: "It is better that the truth be known than that scandal be covered up." See If St. Ignatius were alive today...
- Don't ever buy the line that Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis is camera shy because he wants to avoid scandal, when what he does is nothing but scandal to God and the faithful. Dr. Thomas A. Droleskey calls his bluff and those defending him in So Much For The Sandro Magister "Photo Op" Theory
- Resurrection Reality Check by NovusOrdoWatch in their "No Rupture with the Past" Update provides beaucoup evidence that the CONciLIAR cabal is complicit in Denying the Bodily Resurrection of Christ
- In her sixth installment Dr. Carol Byrne shows how deep into the communist mindset one Giovani Montini was as the tutor to Giorgio La Pira, A Catholic Communist, in already setting in motion the Great Apostasy way back in the 20's and 30's in Italy as she gets to The Roots of La Pira's Revolutionary Agenda
- There are a plethora of titles attributed to the new man in Rome and Dr. Droleskey seems to nail each one and, while they are not complementary, they are totally true as he documents, specifically in Francis The Manichean
- Alienated by Church Doctrine? Oh, we can't have that, you poor "gay" folk. We must be tolerant and take a "conciliatory approach" as Traditio reports that New York's clownish 'cardinal' Timothy Dolan has Thrown in the Moral Towel
With friends like this, who needs enemies?
There are many devotions we can practice throughout the day, but one of the most efficacious of these, besides the holy Rosary, is the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary which Karl D. Keller is anxious to share with all. There are various versions - long ones and short ones - dedicated to Our Lady and it is the intention here to share the approved devotion with Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur from over a century ago with readers. Here Karl presents the the fifth hour of the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary: Sext, which means "six" and is actually the halfway point of the day at the height of the sun at noon. Every three hours an office is said and thus, despite the nomenclature of six, this is the actually known as the "Fifth Hour" and said at noon which marks 12 hours since Matins and until Matins. The sun is at its highest and, before lunch, we take time to say the Angelus and then immediately follow with the Office of Sext, the third of the four short offices called "The Little Hours" and yet it is called
Sext - the Fifth Hour
Thanks to Traditional Catholic Sermons we are able to bring you an eleven minute sermon by Bishop Daniel Dolan for the feast of Pope St. Gregory VII, who was the holy monk Hildebrand. He chose the name Gregory after Pope St. Gregory the Great and set out to tackle reforms for the clergy in re-establishing celibacy and rid the Church of simony as well as taking on the biggest obstacle of his time - lay investiture in his battles with Emperor Henry IV, a life long antagonist who finally submitted to Gregory at Canossa, but three years later Henry marched into Rome and Gregory was forced to flee to the Benedictine Monastery in Monte Cassino. Though he restored respect and the dignity of the Papacy, he died in exile at Salerno, never receiving the accolades he deserved until after his death. His Excellency fills us in on today's saint Pope St. Gregory VII
Today is Day Four in preparation for the First Class Feast of Corpus Christi, a special day set aside for acknowledging the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, i.e., the TRUE PRESENCE, Which is possible only when a true priest confects the bread and wine in a canonized apostolic Mass of All Ages - the Traditional Latin Mass, known throughout the ages as the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and not to be confused with the newfangled man-made Novus Ordo rite which, and those who are not aware please be seated when you read this - CANNOT confect the True Presence in the Blessed Sacrament! Pray that more men, who thought they were actual priests, will realize this and contact a traditional bishop to correct this grave error. There should be a mad exodus of conservative Novus Ordo presbyters with the Public Heresy proclaimed by Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis that all are redeemed, totally nullifying the Dogma that Outside the Church there is no Salvation (Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus). We'd all best pray harder and now is a good time with this Novena in preparation for Corpus Christi
Each day we feature a title and/or salutation to Our Lady in celebration of Mary's month of May and today on this last day within the Octave of Pentecost on the eve of Trinity Sunday we focus on the virtue of Fear of the Lord, a gift today's saint Pope St. Gregory VII had an abundance of from the time he was the holy monk Hildebrand. This virtue of holy fear is so well reflected in what Blessed Mother imparts to her children for she is the Mirror of Justice and realizes that while God is all merciful, He is also all just and those who assume they can skate into Heaven are in for a big surprise. If we want to reflect the graces available to us we need to remain in the state of grace and protect our souls by praying daily her Holy Rosary and contemplating on the magnificent titles she is known by in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary and The Fatima Prayers.
On the twenty-fifth day of May the flower offered to Our Lady as Queen of the May is the DAFFODIL with the corresponding Virtue being DEVOTION TO MARY. The lovely yellow or white daffodil signals the fullness of Spring just as Our Lady's fulfillment of God's holy Will signaled the fullness of redemption through her Divine Son. Because She is the Living Tabernacle for the Son of God, it is only natural that we show her the very same respect Christ did and shower her with prayers of intercession and with spiritual daffodils in thanksgiving for what was the true "New Springtime" the Passion, Death and Resurrection of the One Who conquered sin and death for us. One way to honor her, beside her holy Rosary, is the Devotion of The Little Crown of the Twelve Stars of the Blessed Virgin Mary
click above to go to past issues over the last nine months
If you have not made your Easter Duty yet, tomorrow is the last day to receive the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist in order to remain in good standing in the true Church. You must be in the state of Sanctifying Grace to receive Holy Communion. If not, the Sacrament of Penance
is necessary. Again, be sure you are confessing your sins to a true priest which would be an authentic traditional Catholic priest or any priest ordained before 1968. If the man was 'ordained' in the new altered rite by order of Paul the Sick, then you might as well tell your grandmother for he cannot absolve your sins any more than she could. For those Catholics who haven't been able to get to a true Mass through no fault of their own, the exception does apply in this time of Epikaea
for the Church supplies - Ecclesia supplicet
and God alone knows the heart.
V. The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary.
And she conceived of the Holy Ghost. (Hail Mary)
V. Behold the handmaid of the Lord.
Be it done unto me according to Thy word. (Hail Mary)
V. And the Word was made flesh.
And dwelt among us.(Hail Mary)
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
V.Let us pray.
Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts, that we to whom the Incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His resurrection. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Angelus Domini nuntiavit Mariae.
Et concepit de Spiritu Sancto.
Ecce ancilla Domini.
Fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum. (Ave Maria)
Et Verbum caro factum est.
Et habitavit in nobis. (Ave Maria)
Ora pro nobis, sancta Dei Genitrix.
Ut digni efficiamur promissionibus Christi.
Gratiam tuam, quaesumus Domine, mentibus nostris infunde: ut qui, Angelo nuntiante, Christi Filii tui incarnationem cognovimus, per passionem ejus et crucem ad resurrectionis gloriam perducamur. Per eumdem Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
The Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Lord have mercy on us,Let us pray.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God, the Father of Heaven,
have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God,
have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world,
have mercy on us.
God, the Holy Ghost,
have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God,
have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, * pray for us.
Holy Mother of God, *
Holy, Virgin of virgins, *
Mother of Christ, *
Mother of divine grace, *
Mother most pure, *
Mother most chaste, *
Mother inviolate, *
Mother undefiled, *
Mother most amiable, *
Mother most admirable, *
Mother of good counsel, *
Mother of our Creator, *
Mother of our Savior, *
Virgin most prudent, *
Virgin most venerable, *
Virgin most renowned, *
Virgin most powerful, *
Virgin most merciful, *
Virgin most faithful, *
Mirror of justice, *
Seat of wisdom, *
Cause of our joy, *
Spiritual vessel, *
Vessel of honor, *
Singular vessel of devotion, *
Mystical rose, *
Tower of David, *
Tower of ivory, *
House of gold, *
Ark of the covenant, *
Gate of Heaven, *
Morning star, *
Health of the sick, *
Refuge of sinners, *
Comforter of the afflicted, *
Help of Christians, *
Queen of angels, *
Queen of patriarchs, *
Queen of prophets, *
Queen of Apostles, *
Queen of martyrs, *
Queen of confessors, *
Queen of virgins, *
Queen of all saints, *
Queen conceived without original sin, *
Queen assumed into Heaven, *
Queen of the most holy Rosary, *
Queen of peace, *
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,have mercy on us.
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be worthy of the promises of Christ.
Grant unto us, Thy servants, we beseech Thee, O Lord God, at all times to enjoy health of soul and body; and by the glorious intercession of Blessed Mary, ever virgin, when freed from the sorrows of this present life, to enter into that joy which hath no end. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
The Fatima Prayers
My God, I believe, I adore, I trust and I love Thee; and I beg pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust, and do not love Thee.
(repeat the above 3 times then bow your head in reciting the following:)
O Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Ghost, I adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most Precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in tabernacles throughout the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifference by which He is offended. By the infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in unison with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg the conversion of poor sinners.
O Most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament!
O my Jesus, it is for love of Thee, in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary and for the conversion of poor sinners.
Prayers to the Holy Ghost
V. Come, Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Thy Love. Act of Consecration to the Holy Ghost
R. Send forth Thy Spirit and they shall be created, and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Let us Pray:
O God, Who hast instructed the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Ghost, grant that by the same Spirit we may be always truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our Lord. Amen. (From The Roman Missal)
O Holy Spirit, sweet Guest of my soul, abide in me and grant that I may ever abide in Thee.
O Holy Advocate, Spirit of truth, come into our hearts, shed the brightness of Thy light upon the nations that they may please Thee in the unity of faith.
O Holy Sanctifier, Creator, mercifully assist Thy Catholic Church, and by Thy heavenly power strengthen and establish her against the assaults of all her enemies. By Thy love and grace renew the spirit of Thy servants whom Thou hast anointed, that in Thee they may glorify the Father and His only-begotten Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (From The Raccolta)
On my knees before the great multitude of heavenly witnesses, I offer myself, soul and body, to Thee, Eternal Spirit of God. I adore the brightness of Thy purity, the unerring keenness of Thy justice, and the might of Thy love. Thou art the Strength and Light of my soul. In Thee I live and move and am. I desire never to grieve Thee by unfaithfulness to grace, and I pray with all my heart to be kept from the smallest sin against Thee. Mercifully guard my every thought and grant tha tI may always watch for Thy light, and listen to Thy voice, and follow Thy gracious inspirations. I cling to Thee and give myself to Thee and ask Thee, by Thy compassion, to watch over me in my weakness. Holdng the pierced feet of Jesus, and looking at His five wounds, and trusting in His Precious Blood, and adoring His opened side and stricken Heart, I implore Thee, Adorable Spirit, Helper of my infirmity, so to keep me in Thy grace that I may never sin against Thee. Give me grace, O Holy Ghost, Spirit of the Father and the Son, to say to Thee always and everywhere, "Speak, Lord, for Thy servant heareth." Amen.
Pray for the Sick
Pray for the Dearly Departed Souls
Click image above
Click image above
To assist all in striving toward holiness, click on the Confessional to your right to review your transgressions through a thorough Examination of Conscience
Today is the traditional feast of Mary, Help of Christians. The invocation Auxilium Christianorum (Help of Christians) originated in the sixteenth century and was added to the Litany of Loreto by His Holiness Pope St. Pius V following the victorious Battle of Lepanto. This feast was instituted for May 24 by His Holiness Pope Pius VII. Though not a feast on the universal calendar it is celebrated at various places throughout the world where, for instance Mary, Help of Christians is the patronal feast of Australia and a double of the first class with an octave leading to the Queenship of Mary is celebrated with great splendor. This feast has also attained special celebrity since St. Don Bosco, founder of the Salesian Congregation, dedicated to Our Lady, Help of Christians, the mother church of his congregation at Turin. The Salesian Fathers have carried the devotion to their numerous establishments. Piety is synonymous with Our Lady and the saints and it is the focus today for Friday in Pentecost Week; for while Auxilium Christianorum remains a traditional feast, in America today we observe Ember Friday with the Mass Repleatur os meum
Each day we feature a title and/or salutation to Our Lady in celebration of Mary's month of May and today, in the aftermath of the devastation in Oklahoma and the shocking (or maybe not so shocking considering who he is) public heresy by the lay faux pope that you don't have to be Catholic, don't even have to be a Christian to be saved we call upon the Blessed Mother to come to the aid of the faithful for she is Mary, Help of Christians, a title we honor her with today on the traditional feast of that wonderful moniker. Look to her for help always and show your commitment by praying daily her Holy Rosary and contemplate on the magnificent titles she is known by in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary and The Fatima Prayers.
On the twenty-fourth day of May the flower is the RED POPPY with the corresponding Virtue being FERVOR. The hairy-herbed red poppy, though coveted for its opium by those who reject its beauty and look to use it for the means of mammon, emits a milky juice that has been used for authentic medicinal purposes to heal the body. But it is the fervor of its elixir spiritually that drives the virtue of fervor to heal the soul and therein lies the true beauty of the Red Poppy offered to Our Lady in Mary's May. Only a week left to offer her a bouquet with the Devotion of The Little Crown of the Twelve Stars of the Blessed Virgin Mary
In tribute to both Tim and his dear daughter Maria we republish here what is both a tribute by Maria's father Timothy A. Duff and a reminder that, amid all the sorrow, life goes on and that we had best heed Our Lady's warning at Fatima. In this case, the good died young, but each of us will have to account for our lives. Tim graced these pages for a few years with his feature Fiat Voluntas Dei in which he wrote on The Mystical City of God among other inspirational pieces. This piece was first published on Christ or chaos a few days ago and we run it here in honor of Maria and in respect for Tim and Eileen and their family. Maria died at the tender age of 16 from Pompe Disease on Saturday, May 11 and was buried on May 14 in St. John the Baptist Cemetery in Harrison, Ohio following a Requiem Mass at St. Gertrude the Great. She had been on a feeding tube since 1999 and suffered greatly over her short lifetime in dealing with this debilitating disease that attacked her muscles and her heart, as well as her respiratory system. We extend our deepest condolences to the entire family and assure them of our prayers for the repose of the soul of Maria and her older brother Joseph, who died of the same affliction in 1993. May the Duff family and all who mourn the death of their children be consoled in the knowledge of Our Lord's loving words: "Suffer the little children to come to Me, and forbid them not: for such is the kingdom of God." Following is Tim's words on
Maria: An Image of An Angel and of the Devil
Following up on part two of John Gregory's series on the Mystical Body of Christ, it is necessary now to identify who can be considered within the Church and it may not be as narrow as some might think such as Feeneyites, yet not as wide as others such as Modernists have proffered via the reforms of Vatican II. To realize who is eligible to be included in the visible Church, let us turn to the brilliant, late esteemed theologian Monsignor Joseph Clifford Fenton to guide us on not jumping to conclusions and realizing that the wisdom imparted by the holy cardinal St. Robert Bellarmine and his masterful piece-de-resistance titled De ecclesia militante still holds true despite the dangers of Modernists and those who would venture towards that kind of thinking, in particular a Father Charles Journet who objected to St. Bellarmine's assessment. Monsignor Fenton exposes the dangers in Fr. Journet's 'Concept of the Church'. for as the esteemed theologian points out: desire and blood definitely do come into play as to membership and, therefore, passengers on the Ark of Salvation.
Membership In and Visibility of the Church
We remain in the Octave Week of Pentecost, and today we focus on the Gift of Knowledge. The Lesson from the Acts describes the joy which filled the people of Samaria when the deacon Philip preached the Gospel and worked miracles among them. This joy is a gift of the Holy Ghost. If the world nowadays is more than ever before restless and eager for amusements, it shows that it has none of the joy and consolation of the divine Paraclete, for which it has become unworthy by its resistance to His grace. For today's Mass see Spiritus Domini.
Each day we feature a title and/or salutation to Our Lady in celebration of Mary's month of May and today, in the aftermath of the devastation in Oklahoma we call upon Mary as Comforter of the afflicted for those who lost loved ones or their homes are truly afflicted and we encourage all to pray for them and do what you can temporally to help. She is always there to guide us to her divine Son and comfort us as we carry our cross, which we never know what that might be, it is how we willingly carry it that counts. We, with our fallen human nature, are all afflicted and it is a comfort to know she is there for us always. Therefore, let us all pray daily her Holy Rosary and contemplate on the magnificent titles she is known by in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary and The Fatima Prayers.
On the twenty-third day of May the flower offered to Our Lady as Queen of the May is the BLUEBELL with the corresponding Virtue being DESIRE FOR HEAVEN. The delicate bell-shaped flower which grows on many continents and belongs both to the hyacinth and columbine genus, is symbolic of the church bells that clarion souls to come to Holy Mass or to pray the Angelus
, or during Paschaltide the Regina Coeli
. The reason for prayer is not for socializing, but for turning our attention to God and the purpose of desiring things not of this earth, but of Heaven. The Bluebell's delicate shell chimes quietly in a whispy wind reminding us of God's call to focus on our end goal - our Desire for Heaven, possible only through adherence to all Christ has taught and established in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church He founded. It is a magnificent flower to offer to Mary whose entire life was focused on a Desire for Heaven and bringing God's children to that same goal. What a wonderful flower to offer her during her month of May with the Devotion of The Little Crown of the Twelve Stars of the Blessed Virgin Mary
In Book Four of Chapter Forty of the Prophesies and Revelations of the holy mystic St. Bridget of Sweden, Christ assures the bride that a woman who was very sick would not die. When she did, Bridget was confused but Our Lord assured her that those who die in the temporal sense do not die in the eternal sense for one's death can indeed save one from a fate worse than death, which would be eternal damnation. It gives us pause to contemplate on this in the aftermath of the terrible devastation in Oklahoma and, considering the total annihilation of a community, only 24 died. That is indeed providential and why suffering is part and parcel in our journey toward Heaven for Jesus tells Bridget why He makes it difficult because there is merit in a Christian death and in what way a person dies well or badly does not always indicate how one lived for the true friends of God should not be troubled if they see God's servants dying a harsh bodily death. Pray for the repose of their soul at all times for we should not assume one went straight to Heaven since
Heading to Heaven is Hard
Today is Ember Wednesday within the Octave of Pentecost and the Mass bears a festival character; at one time the Ember fast was postponed for a few weeks. Pope St. Gregory VII re-established the Ember Days in their proper place, but the festal tone of the Office was retained. The contrast between today's fast and the Gospel lesson in which Jesus offers Himself as the bread of eternal life is very opportune. Man does not live by bread alone, but has an absolute need of the Word of God, without Whom this earthly existence is as a day without light, an empty pretence of life, a gloomy image of death. For today's Mass see Deus, dum egregrederis.
Each day we feature a title and/or salutation to Our Lady in celebration of Mary's month of May and today, on this Ember Wednesday we look to the Blessed Virgin for her guidance as we honor her as Mother of Good Counsel for both the virtues of Knowledge and Counsel are important if we are to navigate safely to Heaven's shore through the obstacles of the world, the flesh and the devil. What better compass than the true faith and to pray daily her Holy Rosary and contemplate on the magnificent titles she is known by in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary and The Fatima Prayers.
On the twenty-second day of May the flower offered to Our Lady as Queen of the May was the yellow BUTTERCUP with the corresponding Virtue being OBEDIENCE. We must always have obedience to God and we owe allegiance to man only when man's directive is in full harmony with the ordaining will of God. The Buttercup, with its five petals and small, humble appearance is a most fitting reminder of obedience for the 15 Mysteries of the Rosary are divided into three sets of five and begin with the Annunciation, which epitomizes obedience for Our Lady's fiat paved the way for the ultimate obedience to the Father with her Divine Son's Passion, Death and Resurrection so that salvation could be attained through the merits of Jesus Christ. What a wonderful flower to offer to the Blessed Mother in her month of May. Remember Our Lady this month with the Devotion of The Little Crown of the Twelve Stars of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Griff Ruby completes this eight part series in which he points out that throughout the history of the Church there have been heresies and schisms, and yet, when doom and gloomers predicted the end of the Church as they knew it, indubitably She recovered and went on to even greater glory. Today also, when we are in the midst of such a great apostasy as to raise legitimate questions as to whether this might indeed be that final one of Biblical prophecy, there are those within the camps of non-sedevacantists and home-aloners who are the clarions of claptrap crying out that there are either no true bishops and priests left or that we have to be tolerant of the CONciLIAR clergy in the sense of "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." True, there is a small segment of naive ones who may not know, but their teachers knew and if the pupils truly took their faith seriously, they would research to truly know their Faith. Few do. What all of these who warn that the sky is falling or that they must be tolerant or that they must retreat to their homes fail to remember or realize are Christ's words in St. Matthew 28: 20. And never forget, that He started His Church with only eleven men. Surely there are eleven true Bishops who have the power and authority to replicate what they did. Why? Because the same Holy Ghost is still with them!
"I am with you all days"
Today is Double of the First Class feast of Pentecost Tuesday. This is the last of the first class observances for this week. However, during the Octave of Pentecost the Church celebrates more especially the glories of the grace of the Holy Ghost and His secret work of sanctification in the Mystical Body of Christ. Thus today she repeats in the verse for the Communion the words of Our Lord: "The Spirit Who proceedeth from the Father, He shall glorify Me," and this glorification consists chiefly in our sanctification and in the growth of the Kingdom of God in our souls. Counsel is the Gift for today's feast in the Mass of Accipite.
Each day we feature a title and/or salutation to Our Lady in celebration of Mary's month of May and today during Octave time of Pentecost when we continue to celebrate the birthday of the Church we focus on the virtue of counsel in the Mass and look to the Blessed Virgin for such as we honor her as Virgin most powerful and renew our pledge to pray daily her Holy Rosary and contemplate on the magnificent titles she is known by in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary and The Fatima Prayers.
For the twenty-first day of May the flower offered to Our Lady as Queen of the May is the bluish PERIWINKLE with the corresponding Virtue being PURITY OF INTENTION. It has been said the best intentions often go awry. One reason they do is because they may not be based on God's will. Through purity of intention, it is based on doing the Divine Will in all things. One reason the Periwinkle plant is associated with this is because the periwinkle is a trailing evergreen herb with solitary blue or white flowers, often also referred to as myrtle in the U.S. The trail of good intentions, if followed in a straight line toward Heaven will stretch further toward God; those intentions which are not cultivated and cropped by living a virtuous life, will scatter every which way and gather cockle and thistles, thus becoming refuse to be cast into the eternal fires (cf. St. Matthew 7: 19). Remember Our Lady this month with the Devotion of The Little Crown of the Twelve Stars of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Today is Double of the First Class feast of Pentecost Monday where the liturgy recalls the Descent of the Holy Ghost on the Apostles; and the Church extends the commemoration of it over eight days Originally the feast of Pentecost brought to an end in Rome the fifty days of the Easter celebrations and introduced the fast of the Ember Days of the summer quarter. Afterwards it became customary to continue the festivity for two more days, the Monday and the Tuesday, and, finally, after the time of Pope St. Leo the Great it was extended like the Octave of Easter through the entire week. Understanding is the Gift for today's feast in the Mass of Cibavit eos.
There is also a commemoration when applicable for the feast of the holy confessor St. Bernadine of Siena.
We have two sermons to bring you from Bishop Daniel Dolan. Since yesterday was Pentecost Sunday and we were unable to celebrate the feast of a holy Pope, Bishop Daniel Dolan provides a seven-minute sermon on a saint who, in the late middle ages, urged the cardinals to elect a pope since the Church had been without one for 21 months (and you thought that was a long interregnum in a time of sede vacante?!!!) and, lo and behold, the conclave turned around and elected this humble hermit who really didn't want to be the Sovereign Pontiff. He was truly a humble pope, nothing like the faux layman 'pope' Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis. Unlike the latter, Celestine was greatly persecuted for his humility, by his successor no less for politics ruled the roost even back then. The more things change, the more they stay the same. We need more holy men of the caliber of Pope St. Peter Celestine and today is the feast of the holy confessor of Siena Bernardine and His Excellency offers another seven minute sermon to the children on processions as promoted by St. Bernardine for he was a great preacher and many would follow him everywhere. He used the metaphor of the donkey to illustrate the procession of life to urge his flock to be wise and make amends for prudence pays off and we learn from our mistakes, especially from sins we might have committed as he cautions us to learn also from the practical wisdom of St. Bernardine of Siena
Bishop Richard Williamson, who has been traveling the world to encourage the new SSPX of the Strict Observance, a breakaway from CONciLIAR-leaning Bishop Fellay's agenda, takes time to answer a question in his Eleison Comment #305 from Saturday, May 18 in which he addresses a question many Protestants often ask out of ignorance rather than logic and that is: why God would condemn someone to hell? That question often trips Catholics up who are not up to snuff, so to speak, on their Faith and knowing the dogmatic truth that Outside the Church there is no salvation. His Excellency offers reasons why it's not wrong to ask such bewildering questions for even saints struggled with that. But on a practical matter if we listen to the logic of Bishop Williamson's remarks we'll see how simple it is to field that question with ease for while God is all-merciful, He is also all-just and never forget that man has a free will and freely chooses to sin. Without an acute conscience, man can rationalize himself right into Eternal Damnation?--!
Each day we feature a title and/or salutation to Our Lady in celebration of Mary's month of May and today, on this Monday in the Week of Pentecost on the feast of the holy confessor St. Bernardine of Siena, we honor Our Lady as Mystical Rose so fair and renew our pledge to pray daily her Holy Rosary and contemplate on the magnificent titles she is known by in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary and The Fatima Prayers.
For the twentieth day of May the flower offered to Our Lady for Queen of the May is the popular GERANIUM with the corresponding Virtue being ZEAL FOR SOULS. Consider that the colorful Geraniums number over 100 million plants grown and sold throughout the world every year. Each colorful, hardy perennial plant, while often different in color and even design, still belongs to the Geranium family. Now consider that in souls - 100 million souls a year being converted! Talk about Zeal for Souls! That is what we should all have and what pleases Blessed Mary so much. We should consider a person's soul much more beautiful in God's sight than a Geranium and tend to cultivating souls by nourishing them perennially with the Truths and Traditions of the One, True Church. Let us all increase our zeal for souls and pray the Devotion of The Little Crown of the Twelve Stars of the Blessed Virgin Mary
John Gregory provides the commentary for Pentecost Sunday from Father George Leo Haydock found in many Douay-Rheims version of the New Testament. Christ makes good on His Promise. He has sent His Spirit, the Paraclete, and, Deo gratias, things will never be the same again for His holy Church is officially off and running in fulfilling His command to His disciples to preach the Gospel to all. Peace He has given them to spread not as the world perceives it even today when humanism is trumpeted from the highest echelons of the conciliarists. We must return to what our Lord taught and what His chosen apostles preached without compromise. Peace is only possible when grace flows. Only then can the Sanctifier reach souls. When God withdraws His graces and blessings, corruption and corrosion follow and all man-made institutions will crumble because they are not of divine design. "He will send in My name"
Father Benedict Hughes, CMRI, Rector of St. Joseph's Minor Seminary in Rathdrum, Idaho at the City of Mary presents an eleven minute sermon recorded two years ago and made available through Traditional Catholic Sermons for the glorious feast of Pentecost and why the Church is one, holy, Catholic and Apostolic as he applies a practical approach to answer Protestant arguments that is actually so simple that just as a net brings in bad fish with the good, there is nothing wrong with the net, just the fish. God does not take away free will and the Catholic Faith is based upon the truths and traditions, not upon human beings as Father explains in his sermon on the spotless Mystical Body of Christ for outside the Church there is darkness. We can overcome it with the light of faith and trust in the Holy Ghost Pentecost and the Four Marks of the Church
Following John Gregory meditation on the Second Glorious Mystery just over a week ago, he returns with inspiration for the Solemnity of the Descent of the Holy Ghost upon the Apostles in a meditation of the Third Glorious Mystery. Fifty days after our Lord Jesus Christ conquered death and ten days after He bodily ascended into Heaven, He made good on His promise to send His Spirit. The Holy Ghost came with a rush of grace and inspiration, transforming the formerly apprehensive Apostles into men of virtuous courage who were now ready to fully take up the command Christ had given them. The charism of the Church was born that day and the Faith spread rapidly with three thousand on the first day. A glorious day it was! John provides reflections on The Third Glorious Mystery: Pentecost
Each day we feature a title and/or salutation to Our Lady in celebration of Mary's month of May and today, on this Birthday of the Church we take a certain latitude in calling her Holy Mother of the Church for though that title is not included in the official Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary (aka Litany of Loreto), she truly is as the spouse of the Holy Ghost and mother of the divine Son and daughter of the Father as we have been praying over the past nine days in the Novena to the Holy Ghost. This Pentecost let us recommit to praying daily her Holy Rosary and contemplate on the magnificent titles she is known by in the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary and The Fatima Prayers.
For the nineteenth day of May the flower offered to Our Lady for Queen of the May is the rugged HAWTHORN
with the corresponding Virtue being MORTIFICATION
. This is appropriate for mortification takes being able to withstand pain and pleasure. The red-fruited Hawthorn consisting of dense corymbs of pink-red flowers has stems and leaves which are densely covered with short wooly hairs and must bear up under cold and windy conditions. That is why it is found in evergreen country and the mountains where conditions are rough for a lot of wind helps the weather-worn Hawthorn to bloom.
How fitting that this coincides with the feast of Pope Saint Celestine V today for this holy monk before being elected, spent time in mortification among the Hawthorn flowers. He realized that mortification helps to toughen us in the face of temptation and the life of ease, allowing grace to blossom forth the aromatic myrrh of the Hawthorn. In fact, when elected the Catholic Encyclopedia
says "unseen bells rang peals of surpassing sweetness." And speaking of sweetness, we encourage you during Mary's month to pray the Devotion of The Little Crown of the Twelve Stars of the Blessed Virgin Mary
click above to go to past issues over the last nine months
- Dr. Thomas A. Droleskey takes the synthetic syncretist Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis to task for his "plastic pabulum" in his article Don't Worry, Jorge, We Don't Take You Seriously As Any Kind Of Catholic
- As NovusOrdoWatch brings to the fore, Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis would be wise (if that's possible!) to see what real humility is by reading the words penned by Pope St. Pius X's Secretary of State Cardinal Rafael Merry del Val: The Litany of Humility
- CONciLIAR sewer now putrifying Africa as Traditio reports sex abuse in Uganda. Contest is on as to who has the most scandals: Obama or the CONciLIAR cabal as word leaks out on Newchurch's Next Scandal Brewing
- Isn't it interesting as Elaine Jordan writes that The Moors Could Not Destroy Our Lady's Image, but, as Traditio reports, Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis is doing everything he can to destroy Our Lady's message at LaSalette and Fatima as well as Quito where what the CONciLIAR cabal is doing was foretold Our Lady of Fatima weeps over Apostasy
- See latest NovusOrdoWatch News Digest for May 18 for interesting pieces found Only in the Novus Ordo
- Catholic Truth? Do you really think the CONciLIAR cabal even cares any more? See Dr. Droleskey's piece on a real piece Kurt Koch who conveys that the Jews have nothing to worry about. Showing Us The Value Of A Conciliar "Consecration"
- Another scandal in Minnesota on the heels of approving queer unions. This is fast becoming the state of 10,000 Lakes going south to where they could use that water if they could quench themselves in hellfire. Of course they can't. So wouldn't it make sense to repent now? Not the CONciLIAR clowns in charge as another scam turns out to be a sham as Traditio reports: Embarrased by Embezzlement? Never the V2 faux 'popes'
- For Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis Fatima is just a phone call away. Why bother? See Dr. Thomas Droleskey's Phoning it in
- Social Media is the death of decency and cursive writing as Margaret Galitzin explains in The U.S. Says Goodbye to Cursive Writing
- Pardon Dr. Droleskey if he's had too much tryptophan from all the turkeys who are more like chickens who have come home to roost in apostasy as he points out on NY's Tim Dolan & Gov. Cuomo in Talking Turkeys
- Traditio reports Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis wants Brazil to pony up 60 million dollars for his Junket to Corrupt Junkies at World Youth Day
- Truth is so elusive when lies rule the day as Dr. Droleskey shows how we have not truly realized why things are so corrupt today in the USA. Read part two of his essay to understand the cause and effects of our lawless land Having Developed An Immunity To Truth - Part Two
- NovusOrdoWatch points us to a new work by John Lane Concerning A SSPX Dossier on Sedevacantism, but it is not the first refutation of the same SSPX book for Griff Ruby masterfully and thoroughly refuted Fr. Boulet's work three years ago in fourteen installments. These links can be found at In Conclusion - A Real Solution to a False Problem
- How do you tell if the head man in Rome and the head man in the White House are lying? Their lips move! Dr. Droleskey details in part one of Having Developed An Immunity To Truth
- Lyle J. Arnold Jr. presents a piece on a modern day Herod who, thank God, was convicted of his barbarous and murderous deeds. Kermit Gosnell’s Slaying of the Innocents
- NovusOrdoWatch provides a great retort to Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis and his Modernist Gobbledygook at its Finest - NOT!
- As if two false popes aren't enough, John Paul 2 look-alike surfaces eight years after death and is immediately arrested as the spin in Rome might be It's a Bogus Ordo "Miracle"!
- Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis Copts a feel for Monophysites as he receives heretics' award. Why not. Just like misery loves company, so, too, apostates love company. unFrancis Copts Out
- Want to promote a cause? Just hold a CONization. That's what Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis did Sunday in surpassing JP2's 500. Record broken, but it's a broken record to true Catholics
- Tribute to Patrick Henry Omlor, a true pioneer of Tradition Trailblazer for Truth and Tradition
- Traditio reports: Pedophilie protector and perverted faux 'cardinal' Roger the Dodger Mahony flaunts his demonic defiance in the face of Bergoglio as proof UnFrancis proves he's a toothless paper tiger
- Voris is voracious in his hypocrisy as NovusOrdoWatch exposes his shallow shilling for Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis as a conservative. Oh, true Catholics beg to differ. Voris is a shameful sham shunning truth as we see with an overwhelming amount of proof provided to show how the Voris Virus veers off the Vortex
- We used to say we could trust our cardinals, bishops, priests and especially the Pope. After Vatican II, we could not say that anymore. But as for the truths and traditions of holy Mother Church, there is no "we used to say" as Dr. Droleskey documents in taking NY's clown prince Timothy Dolan to the woodshed in his piece Memo To Timothy Michael Dolan: Catholics Never Say "We Used To Say"
- NovusOrdoWatch alerts all to Michael O'Halloran's excellent piece in Christian Order on whether Catholics should "respect" false religions. The answer is a resounding "NO!" as we see in Continuity or Contradiction?
- One of the last things Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis would be is logical and that is what Dr. Droleskey addresses in Francis The Logician
- Modernist CONciLIAR nuns have none of the virtues or sincerity of the pre-Vatican sisters who inspired so many. But of course, as Traditio reports, the latter cared about souls, whereas the former it's all political See Nuns in the Clink
- Mr. Nasty (aka Dr. Thomas A. Droleskey) takes Mr. Bergoglio the unFrancis to school in his quirky, but dead-on polemics Francis Takes Us To Ding Dong School Of Apostasy
Click image above