A Present that is Priceless! |
As we head into 2007, so many have forgotten the significance of the Birth of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Therefore, in resurrecting a Christmas message from five years ago, we would like to share a special Christmas present with all our readers. Oh, it may not seem like a positive present right now, it might seem more like a lump of coal rather than a priceless present, especially to those who might be considered piranhas to the conciliar pharisees of Vatican II. It really is all in your perspective how you perceive it and the importance you place on this special gift we want to share with you.
Knowing the Truths of our Catholic Faith:
It is not a gift one would equate with the normal perception of presents, but it is one you will treasure once you truly open it, examine it and use it. That we guarantee. Oh, it won't be easy. If you are not deadly serious about the welfare of your own soul and those you care about, then click on something else, pass up this Christmas Message for perhaps it is not God's time yet for you to receive such a wonderful gift, to accept His graces.
Ah, you're still with us. Then you must be interested. Before going further we must warn you again that this gift
will be one of the toughest free favors you have ever received because, in truth, you'll have to do most of the work yourself and will most undoubtedly reap very few temporal benefits - very, very few in the here and now. Quite possibly the rest of your fleeting life will be an uphill struggle against the majority of opinion, the majority who have been so hoodwinked that they will and have bought anything told them without definitive proof. It was P.T. Barnum who said "a sucker is born every minute." To see the total devastation the Vatican II reforms have had on the Roman Catholic Church, he could very well have been referring to Catholics.
Today everyone wants 'new and improved,' rejecting the old tried and true for the latest novelty that will make their life easier. All that does is make the slippery slope toward the infernal abyss that much easier to slip, and, yes, fall. Remember the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Vatican II and all that has come after it has gushed with good intentions - man's intentions. But have they been in harmony with God's intentions? Ah, there is the rub. That is why the gift we are sharing with you is so tightly packaged in the absolutes that leave no doubts, no ambiguities, no gray areas that could ooze out and allow the words on the ribbons and bows to run together into endless tomes that would only confuse more and, in the process, weaken and decay souls. That is why we have taken great precaution to not gift wrap this gift in the frilly, exorbitant, eclectic wrappings of ambiguities or false promises. No, this gift is secured in place by the sturdy wrap of Divine Revelation, sealed by the failsafe tape of 21 Ecumenical Councils and solid Pontifical teaching stretching over 2000 years. In other words, it's guaranteed!
This is a gift we again pass on to you after we freely accepted it from those who realized the value of this gift far earlier than we did. In fact, we received this very gift many years ago, but really didn't know what to do with it and so we put it on the shelf for a decade or so. Oh, there were times we'd take it off the shelf and examine it on the surface because there was a lure that kept bringing us back to that shelf. We would wrestle with it, mull it over, but we didn't really read all the instructions, didn't really understand its full potential. The manuals to operate it weren't simple, and perhaps that is why we tarried so long in fully realizing the authenticity of this gift. We realized, but never fully put into practice the mechanics of the manual that came with this gift. The more times we went to the shelf, the clearer in our minds was the fact of its clarity in comparison with 'modern manuals' that give the operator so many ways to work it that it ultimately never works. Any parent trying to put together something for their kids on Christmas Eve can appreciate the frustration of this. The screws never fit, the holes are misaligned, parts are missing. Yet we will go to any length to see our children happy.
But we realized that pleasing others was not what it was all about for ultimately that meant gaining acceptance from man at the expense of displeasing the One Who created us in His image and likeness. We take St. Paul's words in Galatians 1: 8-10 very seriously. The key for opening this gift came in Lent in 2001. We had been looking at the gift, applying some of the principles that showed without a shadow of a doubt that we almost had it, but one key was missing - one piece of the puzzle that would make this gift complete. We had searched far and wide for alternative keys, but always it came back to that one key that would explain why the new gifts were falling apart while the old ones, remained intact even though unused by so many because they weren't as colorfully wrapped, too old-fashioned for the modern mind.
We were determined to find that key that would allow us to fully appreciate and understand the completeness of this gift and why so many rejected it. Could it be because by doing so they would have to criticize those who wrapped the newer gifts? That was a possibility that we weren't prepared to accept at first. From the critiques and outrage we have received since we dare say many conciliar "Catholics" out there are still not prepared to accept that possibility. In truth, it was like finding out when we were children that there is no Santa Claus. At first it was devastating. But when we realized who really was providing for us, it made more sense and gave us much, much more security and comfort. We matured because of that, growing in our faith and love for family and God. Truly we believe every family has experienced this.
This gift we share, wrapped in prayers, is a challenge. A challenge to conservative Catholics to truly KNOW their Faith in order to KEEP their Faith. That is the motto of The Daily Catholic. To make full use of this gift, you must charitably, but firmly challenge what is being issued today by your pastor, your bishop and yes, definitely from Modernist Rome, as well, by sincerely comparing the barometer of truth - the Traditions passed down by 21 Major Councils, Saints, Fathers, and Doctors of the Church over the course of twenty centuries in which the uncompromising, unchangeable truths of Holy Mother Church were decreed and defined as absolute. We challenge you to identify the ambiguities and ask why. There are many questions you must ask.
We did not come to our decision
to fully embrace the Traditional movement and reject all that has been promulgated since the death of His Holiness Pope Pius XII easily or overnight. It took over
six months of prayer, research, more prayer, discussion, more prayer, more
research, even more prayer, more discussion and devil's advocating, back to
prayer and then more confirmations that the course we were on was the only
one to embrace. Every day since we are even more convinced the only course
to take is to defend the Truths and Traditions of Holy Mother Church for the
course the Church has been on over the past 48 years has been disastrous and
only getting worse.
The facts are that a good tree cannot bear bad fruit
and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit (cf. St. Matthew 7: 16-19). Therefore since there have been no good
fruits from Vatican II, rather nothing but bad fruits that have depleted the clergy
with no visible vocations on the horizon (except in the Traditional Catholic Rites where alone the true sacraments are preserved) and
greatly divided Catholics, the only conclusion that one can come to is that
the reforms of Vatican II cannot bear good fruit. Ergo, it is a bad tree and must be not only rejected, but feverishly combated.
The evidence is overwhelming despite the countless efforts by die-hard modernists to try to not
only rationalize Vatican II, but to polish it to the extent that they dared to elevate it to the status of a Trent
or Vatican I. This, of course, is impossible since Trent, like Nicaea, the Lateran
Councils and Vatican I were doctrinal where infallible doctrines were
proclaimed. Vatican II was nothing more than a pastoral-only council where
NO infallible doctrines were declared, but rather heresies were. All the more reason to realize the "spirit" of Vatican II was indeed a spirit, but not holy; can you say lucifer? Yet, from the direction the conciliar vulgarian church has taken you would think Vatican II has trumped all
those other Councils and the holy Pontiffs who ratified them, and that the Catholic Church of modern times began in the 1960's. Therefore, for over five years now we have opposed everything this bad tree has tried to foist on clueless souls who, by their acceptance of whatever Benedict or his cronies in miters, (which we call potentates because of their total sell-out to the Masonic agenda) pronounce or try to insert as another novelty, the blind sheep accept sight on seen the vagaries and vulgarities of these vulgArians. Stand fast and uphold the True Faith. Stand fast to Tradition.
Yet, because so few truly know their Faith, they go trudging onward and downward. This is evident in how they have allowed themselves to be de-catechized and de-doctrinated to what the Church truly teaches in the Absolutes and Disciplines of her Canons and Dogmas. So many so-called "conservative Catholics" go blindly on
thinking it will get better, but in their heart knowing something is
seriously wrong - very wrong.
Rather than confronting the truth, rather than striving to truly live their Faith as it has been taught for two millennia, they choose the easier path. Yet how much progress has been made? Is it not true that Catholics have been wandering and wondering in the desert for well over 40
years? Have you not seen too much of the same ol' thing to know it is not
going to get better if we do not strive to be loyal to the true teachings of
the Church in her Truths and Traditions as God expects? Prayer is
paramount, but God expects us to do our part. We are not the "Church
Tolerant." We have always been and will continue to be the "Church Militant"
and we all need to realize that. We are in grave spiritual warfare for we are in
those very times the Blessed Virgin Mary warned of at La Salette. Yes, we can pray for Mary's
Heart to triumph soon, but it won't if we don't uphold our end of the
bargain in defending the Truths and Traditions of her divine Son's Church.
We truly believe concerned Catholics sincerely want to live their lives the best they can.
We assure you with all our heart, soul and intellect that
returning to the Truths and Traditions before the upheaval of Vatican II is
where you'll find your answers. You don't have to take our word for it,
read what the perennial, infallible Magisterium of the Church says and has always said. We
challenge you to read all the documents and material we have on line. Read what we provide on our CREDO and CULTURE Page. It's
all there in black and white. We would charitably urge our conciliar friends to read these
undeniable writings and other sources that uphold the Absolutes and
Disciplines. Often times that is the only way one can come to the truth,
through their own research.
Yes, it's time-consuming, but for the peace of mind and the eternal salvation of your soul isn't it worth it to know the Truths of Holy Mother Church? Worth it for you and your family?
Especially your children. That's our prayer
for we're not giving up on our conciliar friends. We're counting on the fact that they
want to know the truth, no matter what. We offer you an on-line
avenue to compare and discern for yourself. Can you afford to pass up those
accessible freeways? That is another reason we are turning The Daily Catholic, beginning in 2007 into a resource site since we've, in essence, said all we can. Now it's up to you to apply it.
Of course, we can still agree to disagree, but even in disagreement
it's important to back up beliefs with solid facts, not feelings or
sentiments or suppositions. That's the real problem with how the Communist-Masonic-
Protestant movement has made such great strides, turning the Church and her
liturgy from the reverent, sacred and austere to a 'feeling, emotional
event' that in and of itself is Protestant in every way. With sensitivities
weakened and memories of past sacred traditions dulled, it makes it that
much easier to plant a false sense of love and tolerance in the sheep and
pass off heresies as tolerable, even acceptable in some instances. As the
shepherd goes, so go the sheep. "When the shepherd's struck, the sheep will be scattered."
This is a fact and it has happened thanks to the apostasy of Modernist Rome. And so, we share this precious gift of understanding with all who will accept the Challenge as we extend a most heartfelt, blessed Christmas and a New Year full of grace and wisdom. You can regard this gift in the manner the Holy Ghost has directed the Church for 2000 years, and realize that truths do not change or vacillate. The more you understand and pray, the closer you will be to Christ the King and Mary our Immaculate Queen. Then you will understand what a treasure the gift of knowing the Faith is in order to truly keep the Faith.
Yes, you can discard it as merely more Traditionalist propaganda about the good ol' pre-Vatican II days. However, we might warn you that if you choose to reject the gift, you will only be providing more combustion for stoking the fires of hell to accommodate so many more who refuse to acknowledge the uncompromising Truths of why the Word was made flesh. The choice is yours. How will you treat this gift of knowing the Truths and Traditions of Holy Mother Church this Christmas? We share it as a gift freely given to you. You have the free will to consider it as either an immeasurable treasure or a lump of coal. Don't you want to know which? Are you up to the challenge?
To paraphrase a popular credit-card commercial, you might discover the gift thusly.
- Dom Gueranger's Fifteen-volume "The Liturgical Year" from St. Bonaventure Press:$130;
- The two-volume Traditional Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible and Commentary by Father George Leo Haydock from Mary Immaculate Queen Center: $99;
- Denziger's hard-to-find "Sources of Catholic Dogma: Enchiridion Symbolorum": $90;
- A copy of the blockbuster book The Rite of Sodomy by Randy Engel that exposes the modernists' agenda of infiltration; $64.
- The timeless, finest and most comprehensive catechetical book on Catholicism: "My Catholic Faith" by Bishop Louis Laravoire Morrow available from Mary Immaculate Queen Center ; $39.95
- An edition of the Douay-Rheims Bible from Tan Books: $35;
- Simon Galloway's point-by-point comparison of Catholic Truth vs. Vatican II in "No Crisis in the Church" from New Olive Press at 17.25 pounds for around $34.
- An annual subscription to The Four Marks, $28.
- One of the first books on the Great Apostasy, "The Robber Church" by Patrick Henry Omlor available from MIQ Center; $27.
- Griff Ruby's magnificent"The Resurrection of the Roman Catholic Church" for $26.95
- The excellent and easy-to-read book that explains and documents all: "Tumultuous Times" by Fathers Dominic and Francisco Radecki, CMRI from Mary Immaculate Queen Center for $25.
- A copy of "Iota Unum" by Romano Amerio for around $24.95;
- The Catechism of the Council of Trent edited by Saint Charles Borromeo and available from Mary Immaculate Queen Center as well as Father Michael Mueller's "The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass": $23;
- A copy of either "The Admirable Life of Mother Mariana - Volume II" by Dr. Marian Therese Horvat or "Animus Delendi II", "Animus Delendi I", or "The Murky Waters of Vatican II" by Atila Guimar„es all from Tradition in Action: $20;
- An annual subscription to the longest running uncompromising traditional publication The Catholic Voice for $20.
- "The Popes Against Modern Errors" from Mary Immaculate Queen Center for $18.
- Saint Ignatius of Loyola's "Spiritual Exercises" or "The Rhine Flows into the Tiber" by Father Ralph Wiltgen, S.V.D. or "The Interior Castle" by Saint Teresa of Avila from Tan Books: $16.50;
- Saint John Vianney's "Sermons of the Cure of Ars" or Saint John Bosco's "Forty Dreams of St. John Bosco" or the "Imitation of Christ" by Thomas a Kempis from Tan Books: $15;
- A one-year subscription to the quarterly magazine The Reign of Mary for $14.
- "The Great Heresies" by Catholic historian Hillaire Belloc or Father James F. Wathen's "The Great Sacrilege" from Tan Books: $13.50;
- "An Introduction to the Devout Life" by Saint Francis de Sales from Tan Books: $13;
- "The Story of a Soul" by Saint Therese of Lisieux or Father Fellix Sarda y Salvany's "Liberalism is a Sin" from Tan Books: $9;
- Dr. Marian Therese Horvat's "Stories and Miracles of Our Lady of Good Success" through Tradition in Action and "True Devotion to Mary" by St. Louis Marie de Montfort from Mary Immaculate Queen Center ; $8.
- "Catholic Prophecies" by Yves Dupont from Tan Books: $7.50;
- "Our Lady of Good Success - Prophecies for Our Times" by Dr. Marian Therese Horvat from Tradition in Action; and Dr. Rama Coomaraswamy's excellent "The Problems With the New Mass" from MIQ Center, all for $7. each
- John Vennari's "Alta Vendita" from Tan Books: $2.50;
- Michael Davies' "Liturgical Shipwreck" from Tan Books, or Saint Louis de Montfort's "Secret of the Rosary" and "Praying the Rosary Without Distractions" available from Mary Immaculate Queen Center: $2;
- The succinct pamphlet "Welcome to the Traditional Latin Mass" by Father Anthony Cekada from Mary Immaculate Queen Center for $1.
- This very publication, The Daily Catholic.org - the only website in the world with the Latin and English Propers for every day of the Church's Liturgical Year - as well as TraditionalMass.org, TraditionalCatholicSermons.org, Dr. Thomas Droleskey's articles at Christorchaos.com, TraditioninAction.org articles and features, Traditio.com commentaries, and John Lane's most comprehensive site on Authentic Papal Encyclicals available anywhere and the complete Douay-Rheims Bible on line - all traditional sites dependent on your donations - and yet Free to all; and finally...
A Present that is Priceless!
Mary Christ-Mass to all. Love,
Michael and Cyndi Cain
volume 17, no. 347