The Holy Rosary
This is the prayer given to Saint Dominic to be promulgated to the whole world and to generations to come as a bouquet of roses Our Lady can take before the Triune Throne of God. It is a means, a devotion to bring us closer to her Divine Son by meditating on the Mysteries of the Rosary which parallel Jesus' life in three phases - the Joyful Mysteries comprising the Annunciation, the Visitation, the Nativity, the Purification, and the Finding of the Child Jesus in the temple; the Sorrowful Mysteries - those dealing with the Passion and Death of Our Lord: the Agony in the Garden, the Scourging at the Pillar, the Crowning of Thorns, Taking up the Cross, and the Crucifixion and Death of Jesus Christ; and finally, the Glorious Mysteries which treat the time of His Glorious Resurrection on: the Resurrection, the Ascension, the Descent of the Holy Spirits upon the Apostles and the Blessed Mother, the Assumption of Mary into Heaven, and the Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and earth. We are asked to meditate on these mysteries as we recite, either aloud or silently, each bead. We begin this devotion with the Apostles' Creed wherein we profess our belief in all the Roman Catholic Church teaches and all that God asks of us. This is followed by the Our Father, the most perfect prayer composed by Jesus Himself. It is recommended to offer this first Pater Noster for the intentions of our father on earth - the Holy Father John Paul II whose pontificate is totally dedicated to Our Lady (Totus Tuus) and who is satan's greatest obstacle today. Then three Hail Mary's on the three beads, offered for an increase in the virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity and in honor of the Trinity. In preparation to meditate better on the Holy Rosary, it is recommended that we beseech the Blessed Mother to help us to prepare and pray with our heart: O Mary, daughter of the Father, teach us how to pray with Faith, O Mary, Mother of the Son, teach us how to pray with Love, and O Mary, Spouse of the Holy Spirit, teach us how to pray with Hope. Then the Glory Be and it is recommended, in petition for all Our Lady asked at Fatima, that we pray the Fatima Prayer: "O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy Mercy." Then pray the five decades composed of the larger Our Father bead and an acknowledgment of the particular Mystery and then ten Hail Mary's, one Glory Be and the Fatima Prayer, then repeat on the next ten beads until the end of the Rosary where we say the Salve Regina, better known as the Hail Holy Queen prayer:
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry poor banished children of eve, to thee do we send up our sighs mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy Womb Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary, pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.
At Medjugorje, the Gospa - Our Lady - asks us, if possible to pray all fifteen decades for every Hail Mary prayed from the heart is another link in the strong chain that will bind satan forever. It is because of the miracle of the Rosary that the Iron Curtain fell and it is only through the Rosary that we can mitigate what lies ahead.
Each year at this time an appeal is made by the coordinators of the Pilgrim Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe to as many people as possible to assist in a week-long Rosary for the intention of ending abortion - ending the culture of death and promoting the celebration of life. We are all asked to pray the Fifteen Decade Rosary for one hour during this week between October 4 (Respect Life Sunday) and October 13 (the Anniversary of the Final Apparition at Fatima). Though one full Fifteen Mystery Rosary is all you're asked during this week, you are encouraged to offer even more Rosaries for each Hail Mary prayed from the heart is a rose forming an awesome bouquet of Rosaries which Our Lady takes to her Divine Son. The Rosary is the ONLY ANSWER to halting the culture of death! God knows each person's heart so it is not necessary to tell anyone when or where you pray...just that you pray! That is vital!
Fifteen Promises of Mary to those who pray the Rosary
as given to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of Eternal Life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.