Oh what a Triumph it will be!!!
As we mentioned in yesterday's editorial, today we shall reveal the five purported prophecies imparted to Lourdes visionary Saint Bernadette Soubirous by the Blessed Mother, including the blockbuster FIFTH PROPHECY. In 1879 she submitted them to Pope Leo XIII who had been supreme pontiff for only a year, having followed in the footsteps of Pope Pius IX, the pope who not only proclaimed the dogma of the Immaculate Conception, but the one who ruled during the Apparitions at Lourdes in 1858 and who gave the apparition ecclesial approbation in 1862. The letters were never revealed by Leo nor his successor Pope Saint Pius X. In fact, shortly before the turn of the century the letters were misplaced and the Vatican lost track. Fast forward a century later. Deep in the bowels of the Vatican Library, amid the many volumes of materials, Father Antoine LaGrande, a researcher on Lourdes came across an iron box. Voila. Upon opening it he discovered what he had been looking for and now it can be shared with the world. It is by the Providence of God that it has been found and found now...in God's time! It was first revealed earlier this year in an article by a Vincenzo Sardi in the tabloid Weekly World News. While we are skeptical about anything appearing in such a publication of that type, we have reason to believe it has a lot of veracity to it and are grateful to Bob C. and Ron Smith from the Holy Family Ministry in Ohio for providing the information. We now share it with you and urge you to share it with as many as you can. As we write this we are still following up in order to further verify its authenticity.
There were five pages and on each page was listed one of the prophecies. The first four have already been fulfilled and we will first touch on them briefly.
- The first dealt with the fact that Lourdes would become a renowned center for healing after Bernadette's death. This it has. In fact Leo authorized that in 1883 the magnificent Church of the Rosary be built. Since that time millions have visited the shrine and countless faithful have been healed physically and spiritually. One down, four to go.
- The second dealt with something few realized in 1879 when Thomas Alva Edison was still tinkering with electrodes and the advent of what Our Lady referred to as "scientific achievements in harnessing lighting.' This, of course was electricity and it was just around the corner, literally in lighting the world and taking the world into a new dimension that has passed all expectations. This, the Blessed Mother said, would begin before the 20th century dawned. Two down, three to go.
- The third was not as encouraging but, like the others, also came to pass when Our Lady foretold of the terrible evil that would rise up in Germany and stifle most of Europe and much of the world in the 1930's causing a war that would enmesh almost all of the major countries of the world. This, of course, was World War II which Our Lady reaffirmed would happen in her messages at Fatima in 1917. Three completed, two to go.
- The fourth concerned something that only Heaven could foresee: the fact that an American would walk on the moon near the year 1970. That was nearly a century after Bernadette received these prophecies. As we all know that American was Neil Armstrong and he bounced across the Lunar surface in July 1969. Consider the fact that in 1879 the Wright Brothers were still nearly a quarter of a century away from even coming on the scene, let alone the tremendous leap in technology that would allow man to fly to other planets! That is four prophecies that have definitely been fulfilled. Now for the final prophecy, the one that is still to come to pass: The Triumph of Mary's Immaculate Heart!
- And now the Fifth Prophecy: Following are the exact words of Bernadette: "Your Holiness, the Virgin has told me that when the 20th century passes away, with it will pass away the Age of Science. A new Age of Faith will dawn around the world. Proof will come at last that it was Our Lord Who created the world and man, and this will be the beginning of the end for the scientists, in whom the people will cease to believe. Millions will return to Christ, and as the numbers of believers swell, the power of the Church will grow as never before. Also causing many to turn their backs on science will be the arrogance of physicians who use their knowledge to create an abomination. These doctors will find the means to combine the essence of a man and the essence of a beast. The people will know in their hearts that this is wrong, but they will be powerless to stop the spawning of such monsters. In the end they will hunt scientists down as ravening wolves are hunted. On the eve of the year 2000, a final clash between the followers of Mohammed and the Christian nations of the world will take place. A furious battle will be waged in which 5,650,451 soldiers are killed and a bomb of great power will fall on a city in Persia. But in the fullness of time, the sign of the cross will prevail and all of Islam will be forced to convert to Christianity. There will follow a century of peace and joy as all the nations of the earth lay down their swords and shields. Great prosperity will follow as the Lord showers His blessings down upon the faithful. No family on earth will know poverty or hunger. One person in ten will be granted by God the power to heal and they will cast out all sicknesses from those who seek their aid. Many will rejoice at these miracles. The 21st Century will come to be known as the Second Golden Age of Mankind."
Wow!!! Talk about a great scenario ahead! It has to fill one with the greatest of hope and joy and peace that truly all Our Lady has foretold will come to pass. This will truly be Utopia on earth and the Church will be the focal point of this tremendous transition. For anyone who doubts, just look at Blessed Mary's track record in prophesy. Enough said. Also consider that what Bernadette was writing about we doubt she or even Leo, though he was filled with the wisdom of the Holy Spirit, had a clue what it really meant. In fact, had this letter been discovered prior to the the decade of the 1990's, chances are not everyone would have completely understood what Our Lady was referring to regarding scientists and creating an abomination - "a newborn creature that is neither fully man nor fully beast." But we know now it refers to cloning, spawned from the atrocieties of abortion, it refers to the inhuman ways so many medical professionals treat patients today, forgetting the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy, even forgetting their Hippocratic Oath. Also, consider the advances computer technology has made and what seemed impossible in the 19th Century is very real in our time.
Also, the reference to the great war between the Islam world and Christian world is coming to a head in the mideast. It has been for nearly two decades with Iran and Iraq. Persia today is the area of Iran and part of Iraq, formerly Babylon. The "bomb of great power" refers to what we commonly call the nuclear bomb and it will fall on a city such as Tehran or Baghdad. No mention is made of Jerusalem and war there. It could be that the Christian nations will rise up to defend Israel against the Moslem threat just as they did during the days of the crusades. Unlike the crusades of the middle ages which were, for the most part, highly unsuccessful, this one portends to be a great battle but in the end a victorious one that can match no other in the annals of mankind; not because of superior weapons or know-how, but because God wills it. We pray daily that "all may be one." Those aren't idle words, they have meaning and fulfillment in what Our Lady conveyed to Bernadette. The words "Proof will come at last that it was Our Lord" could very well pertain to the great Warning and Miracle foretold by the Blessed Mother at Garabandal. Our Lady has confided in many visionaries and messengers since then that her Immaculate Heart will triumph before the year 2000. The words of Bernadette "On the eve of the year 2000" only bear this truth out all the more. Bernadette's words to the Pope regarding that one in ten persons would be granted by God the power to heal and cast out all sicknesses bears out what Jesus said in Mark 16: 18, "they shall lay hands upon the sick and they shall get well." Think about it, no more HMO's, no more hassles with doctors or medical bills!!!
As the countdown to the Jubilee points out in these pages we have only 596 days to go. That is just a little over a year and a half. We are that close. Please, copy this and send it to as many people as you can. But don't forget to pray. For prayer is the one weapon we all have in helping promote what Our Lady has foretold and in helping save as many souls as possible in the very, very near future. There are no doubts that very soon the Queen of Heaven and earth, the angels and saints, will triumphantly usher in her Divine Son's Reign of the Sacred Heart - the New Period of Peace - the Second Golden Age of Mankind - The Eucharistic Era - the New Advent. Isn't this crusade worth enlisting in? After all, with God's hand in this all-out Heavenly push, this Final Crusade for the Triumph will be victorious beyond our comprehension! Yes, with so little time left it's going to be one heck of a battle, but it will be well worth it. After all, we have God's, Our Lady's and Saint Bernadette's word on it! Oh what a Triumph it will be!