MILLENNIUM MILESTONES-SHIPLOGS-COMING EVENTS
June 9-11, 2000,
vol. 11, no. 106
Events that happened this weekend in Church History
On this date two years ago, Cardinal Agustino Casaroli passed away at the age of 84. He was the key sparkplug in assisting His Holiness Pope John Paul II in dealing with the communist countries and helping bring the hammer and sickle crashing down softly. It was Cardinal Casaroli as Secretary of State who arranged the first meeting between Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev and the Holy Father which paved the way for the changes that have been made since in Eastern Europe. He been appointed cardinal by John Paul II during his first Consistory on June 30, 1979 and appointed to Secretary of State at the same time. Until his death he was Sub-Dean of the College of Cardinals. For other time capsule events that happened this weekend in Church history, see MILLENNIUM MILESTONES AND MEMORIES
For more details, see DAILY SHIPLOGS
- Total number of visits as of June 8, 2000:
- Total number of visits in 1999:
- Total number of visits since this daily publication went on line November 1, 1997:
- Pat Ludwa's introspective and thought-provoking column VIEW FROM THE PEW
- The Holy Father's most recent Address in THE VICAR OF CHRIST SPEAKS
- The 169th installment on the treasures of the great Deposit of Faith in our daily series APPRECIATING THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF OUR FAITH
- Time Capsules in Church History focusing on June 12th and June 13th.
- Another gem from SIMPLY SHEEN
- DAILY LITURGY for Weekday in Ordinary Time on Monday and the Feast of Saint Anthony of Padua, Priest and Doctor of the Church, on Tuesday, June 13th.
- ...and much more in our 107th issue for 2000!
Be an angel!
Through the stewardship of Catholic Journalism you can help us reach more souls by sending whatever you can to help keep the DailyCATHOLIC going strong since it is the only daily publication of its kind for Catholics anywhere in the world in daily promoting the truths of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Please read our editorial today and call 800-I-DO-PRAY or e-mail us and let us know that Yes, I want to help or use the gift form if you prefer. Whichever way, we desperately need your financial help.