MILLENNIUM MILESTONES-SHIPLOGS-COMING EVENTS
TUESDAY-THURSDAY, June 6-8, 2000,
vol. 11, no. 105
Events that happened today in Church History
On this date one year ago Polish native Pope John Paul II returned to his roots on an ambitious thirteen day marathon papal visit that covered forty dioceses, twenty cities and afforded millions the opportunity, possibly the last, to see in person the man largely responsible for freedom in their land - the man who, through the grace of God, brought communism to its knees. The trip was a huge success but grueling physically and during the latter part of his journey he caught a bad cold that prevented him from celebrating Mass for over a million people in Krakow. It also prevented him from stopping off in Romania on the way back to Rome. For other time capsule events that happened this weekend in Church history, see MILLENNIUM MILESTONES AND MEMORIES
For more details, see DAILY SHIPLOGS
- Total number of visits as of June 5, 2000:
- Total number of visits in 1999:
- Total number of visits since this daily publication went on line November 1, 1997:
Coming in the Pentecost Weekend Issue:
- The Holy Father's most recent Wednesday Papal Audience Address in THE VICAR OF CHRIST SPEAKS
- Sister Mary Lucy Astuto's heart-felt column GETTING TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER
- The 169th installment on the treasures of the great Deposit of Faith in our daily series APPRECIATING THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF OUR FAITH
- Time Capsules in Church History focusing on June 9 to 11th.
- Another gem from SIMPLY SHEEN
- DAILY LITURGY for Easter Weekday on Friday and Saturday, plus Friday's Feast of Saint Ephrem, Deacon and Doctor of the Church before Sunday's Solemnity of Pentecost.
- ...and much more in our 106th issue for 2000!
Be an angel!
Through the stewardship of Catholic Journalism you can help us reach more souls by sending whatever you can to help keep the DailyCATHOLIC going strong since it is the only daily publication of its kind for Catholics anywhere in the world in daily promoting the truths of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Please read our editorial today and call 800-I-DO-PRAY or e-mail us and let us know that Yes, I want to help or use the gift form if you prefer. Whichever way, we desperately need your financial help.