MILLENNIUM MILESTONES-SHIPLOGS-COMING EVENTS
June 28-29, 2000,
vol. 11, no. 114
Events that happened during these two days in Church History
Thursday, the Feast of Saints Peter and Paul, was a popular day for Sovereign Pontiffs to release encyclicals with sixth having been issued on this feast beginning with Pope Benedict XIV in 1748 to 1959 and Pope John XXIII's first encyclical on truth, unity and peace, entitled Ad Petri Cathedram. This came a year after Pope Pius XII ushered his next-to-last encyclical, aimed at the Chinese Bishops and Red China as a whole in warning them of problems if they did not conform with Rome. Forty-two years later the problem has not improved and it has caused the Vatican to recently issue the final warning of excommunication if they do not follow the Holy See's directives. For other time capsule events that happened during this two-day time period in Church history, see MILLENNIUM MILESTONES AND MEMORIES
For more details, see DAILY SHIPLOGS
For our Foreign editions, we still need translators!!!
We have had a few translators who have volunteered their help, but our goal is to secure at least two translators for each language in order not to put a burden on one person but spread the workload out. We still need volunteer translators for Italian, Portuguese, German and Spanish as well as more help for Russian and French. Once we have translators in place in order to polish the text to offer the DAILY CATHOLIC in these languages as it should be represented, we will launch, at first, a weekly edition in each of those languages which will be called the "Best of the DAILY CATHOLIC" for the past week. It will include the top news stories, features and timely columns along with the liturgy, devotions, and Church history timetable for the coming week.
If the Holy Spirit is prompting you, please please pray on it and then please e-mail the editor
- Total number of visits as of June 27, 2000:
- Total number of visits in 1999:
- Total number of visits since this daily publication went on line November 1, 1997:
Coming This Weekend:
- The Holy Father's most recent Wednesday Papal Audience Address in THE VICAR OF CHRIST SPEAKS
- Another pertinent editorial in CATHOLIC PewPOINT
- Sister Mary Lucy Astuto's heart-felt column GETTING TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER
- The 178th installment on the treasures of the great Deposit of Faith in our daily series APPRECIATING THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF OUR FAITH
- Time Capsules in Church History focusing on June 30 to July 2nd.
- Another gem from SIMPLY SHEEN
- DAILY LITURGY for the Duo Feasts of the Solemnity of the SACRED HEART OF JESUS on Friday and the Feast of the IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY on the First Saturday of July. Sunday we return to Ordinary Time with the THIRTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME and Monday we celebrate the Feast of SAINT THOMAS, the Doubting Apostle.
- ...and much more in our 115th issue for 2000!
Be an angel!
Through the stewardship of Catholic Journalism you can help us reach more souls by sending whatever you can to help keep the DailyCATHOLIC going strong since it is the only daily publication of its kind for Catholics anywhere in the world in daily promoting the truths of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Please read our editorial today and call 800-I-DO-PRAY or e-mail us and let us know that Yes, I want to help or use the gift form if you prefer. Whichever way, we desperately need your financial help.