MILLENNIUM MILESTONES-SHIPLOGS-COMING EVENTS
INDEPENDENCE HOLIDAY ISSUE
vol. 11, no. 116
June 3-5, 2000
Events that happened during these three days in Church History
Though Wednesday we observe the Feast of Saint Anthony Mary Zaccaria, he died before he was able to finalize the constitutions of the Congregation of Barnabites which began as the Congregation of Clerks Regular of St. Paul. That was accomplished by Saint Charles Borromeo 40 years after Anthony's death in 1579. St. Charles also finalized the rules and constitutions for an order of nuns founded by St. Anthony Zaccaria and had them approved by Pope Gregory XIII after Pope Clement VII had originally given permission to Anthony to begin in 1533. For other time capsule events that happened this weekend in Church history, see MILLENNIUM MILESTONES AND MEMORIES
For more details, see DAILY SHIPLOGS
For our Foreign editions, we still need translators!!!
We have had a few translators who have volunteered their help, and are pretty well set to launch a Spanish edition in August. However we need others to come forward for Italian, Portuguese, French, German and Russian so we wll have at least two translators for each language in order not to put a burden on one person but spread the workload out. Once we have translators in place in order to polish the text to offer the DAILY CATHOLIC in these languages as it should be represented, we will launch, at first, a weekly edition in each of those languages which will be called the "Best of the DAILY CATHOLIC" for the past week. It will include the top news stories, features and timely columns along with the liturgy, devotions, and Church history timetable for the coming week. We are presently planning to debut Diario Cattolico on the Vigil of the Solemnity of the Assumption.
If the Holy Spirit is prompting you, please please pray on it and then please e-mail the editor
- Total number of visits as of July 3, 2000:
- Total number of visits in 1999:
- Total number of visits since this daily publication went on line November 1, 1997:
- The Holy Father's most recent Address in THE VICAR OF CHRIST SPEAKS
- Pro-Life Prescriptions by Dr. Frank Joseph in LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!
- The 180th installment on the treasures of the great Deposit of Faith in our daily series APPRECIATING THE PRECIOUS GIFT OF OUR FAITH
- Time Capsules in Church History focusing on July 6th.
- Another gem from SIMPLY SHEEN
- DAILY LITURGY for the Weekday on Thursday and the Feast of Saint Maria Goretti, Virgin and Martyr and FIRST FRIDAY's Ordinary Time Liturgy.
- ...and much more in our 117th issue for 2000!
Be an angel!
Through the stewardship of Catholic Journalism you can help us reach more souls by sending whatever you can to help keep the DailyCATHOLIC going strong since it is the only daily publication of its kind for Catholics anywhere in the world in daily promoting the truths of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Please read our editorial today and call 800-I-DO-PRAY or e-mail us and let us know that Yes, I want to help or use the gift form if you prefer. Whichever way, we desperately need your financial help.